The eyebrows play an important role in facial symmetry, contributing to the aesthetic appearance in both men and women. Well-designed eyebrows can promote the definition of cheek bones, leading to the face looking more symmetrical and eyes appearing brighter. Well-manicured eyebrows balance the facial features and frame the eyes. In the contrary, poorly shaped eyebrows do not give the face and cheeks a defined and aesthetically pleasing look. Eyebrow hair loss can be due to a number of contributing factors including: physical trauma, local and systemic disease, over plucking (trichotillomania), and medical or surgical treatments such as chemotherapy, surgical removal etc. If you currently suffer from eyebrow hair loss, or you eyebrows have been damaged due to excessive plucking and not growing the way you want them to, DHI hair transplant specialists may be able to help you. DHI Medical Group has developed two forms of eyebrow restoration treatments. These treatments can provide a solution for every case and need.
Eyebrow Transplant with DHI Direct Hair Implantation
With the DHI, Direct Hair Implantation treatment it is now possible to transplant hair to any part of the body or face. During this process transplanted hair follicles are picked one by one to match eyebrows. With the use of the DHI custom designed implanting tool, doctors have complete control over the depth and direction in which hairs are implanted. This added control and precision means they are able to achieve beautiful, natural-looking results. Direct Hair Implantation process
- Doctors will work to thoroughly design the eyebrow area according to the requirements of the patient. Ensuring that the treatment will offer the patient the desired results and provide the defined symmetry to perfectly compliment their face.
- The number of required hairs and the kind of follicle grafts required for a natural result and density are counted.
- The required hair follicles are extracted from the donor area (in most cases, the back of the head).
- The extracted hair follicles are then placed into eyebrow area.
- Once the hair follicles have been successfully implanted they will continue to grow for the patient’s life time.
Start with your Eyebrow Diagnosis
Here at DHI New Zealand we recognize that the correct diagnosis is the basis for the successful treatment. If you have questions about your eyebrows, call our friendly team on (09) 887 4474 or book a free eyebrow diagnosis online.